Garnier BB Cream

Garnier BB Cream

Who has tried this BB cream yet?  I tried it, the American brand and was not really liking it.  I felt the light/medium was a strange color compared to the European verson of this product.  I have a couple of swatches of the BB Creams next to each other on my left arm.  I think the European version of this is a better product, though it is twice the amount of ours.  They both have similar claims but the American brand looks different. 


I took a photo of the boxes next to each other.  Let's do a list of what each one claims to do!


Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Protector <--American Version
  • SPF 15 UVA Sunscreen
  • Renews
  • Brightens
  • Evens
  • Hydrates

Miracle Skin Perfector by Garnier Daily All-In-One B.B. (Blemish Balm)  <--European Version
  • SPF 15 UV Protection
  • Evens tone and boosts glow
  • Blurs imperfections
  • Smooths fine lines
  • 24 hour hydration

I was reading on http://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Miracle-Perfector-Light-medium/dp/B006WVCF1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348907188&sr=8-1&keywords=garnier+bb+cream and the seller was saying the American brand is not for fair skined people.  I found this to be quite true!

On the left is the American BB Cream and to the right is the European BB Cream.  I am fair skinned and not very yellow toned.  I look a little red in this photo.  But I am fair skinned compared to my other Korean friends.  They are a bit more yellow and have more of a tan, probably because they spend more time in the sun than I do!  I pride myself in staying pale, but I wish I was a little paler...  I couldn't tell which was which when I blended the colors into my skin but a little later the American BB Cream seemed to oxidize a little bit so it was a tad darker than the European BB Cream. 

This is the the American BB Cream Blended in:



European BB Cream blended
In the end I really like the Euorpean BB Cream better because it seems to be a lighter color and matches my face better than the American version.  I saw there is a South East Asian version of it too.  I will buy that here soon, I will be buying Amazon Prime because shipping is just too expensive not to buy it!. 

Comments

  1. Really interesting and good to know! I had no idea they had shades by region. How do you like this one compared to the Asian brands? I love my BB cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the Korean BB Creams over these two. The Korean BB Creams are better made and match my skin tone much better. These were too sheer for me and too dark. The American brand is getting returned.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the thorough review! I was wondering how the Garnier BB cream was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad for a BB Cream you want to have for running errands honestly but I prefer the Korean brands more, they are better quality. Also I'm really oily skinned and a bit fair skinned too.

      Delete

Post a Comment