Make-Up Brush Cleaning Hack

I hate cleaning my make-up brushes.  It really is a pain.  I was using some soap to clean them and wiping them on my palm to clean them out.  I noticed the denser brushes were not getting as clean as I wish they would.  I would try to scrub gently on a silicone textured pore cleaner but it still didn't help.

I had seen on Pinterest people washing their brushes in warm soapy water.  I advise against using warm water.  This may cause your brush to fall apart from the warmth of the water.  Instead I thought of putting a bit of my water cleanser in a cup and let it sit in that for a bit.  I did that and my brush was very clean.  The one thing about the water cleanser is that it's not greasy but removes the make-up.  I also rinse my brush in running water until the water runs clear.




I had mentioned I used the Gariner Skin Active water cleanser for my face and now I will use it to clean my brushes.  Since these products are not oil bases, it seems to clean my brushes very well.  I don't own a lot of expensive brushes so I don't mind if this doesn't work, I can go to Target and get new Sonia Kashuk brushes.  

If you have any other ideas of cleaning your dense brushes that works, please share!

Don't forget to like my Facebook Page:  MJ Lee, find me on Instagram:  mjlee214 while you wait for the next blog to come out!

Until next time, stay beautiful,

~M.J.

Comments