Hard Candy Eye Shadow Top Ten Palette Review


In my search of finding a cheap eye shadow palette, I spotted some Hard Candy products in Walmart a few weeks ago.  I didn't have the money to buy them all at the time so I waited until I returned some products I didn't like.  I didn't realize even if the products were from Walmart, I had $67.00 USD in returned products!  I didn't bring the receipts but I got a shopping card.  Walmart didn't loose any money and neither did I.  I will just buy makeup products with that money and if there is something I don't like, I will return it and have the money put back on my shopping card. 

I was thinking of buying the Urban Decay Naked palette back when I bought the Tarte Limited Edition box set.  I want to find a dupe for Urban Decay but I doubt I'll find anything for it.  I hope for Christmas this year I'll have some money left over, I am being very frugal with my money, and buy BOTH the original and new Naked Palette.  So here's what I bought of Hard Candy

Product #1
Hard Candy Top Ten:  Pinking of You
Purchase:  www.walmart.com
Price:  $6.00 USD

I know we all own those pretty "pinky" eye shadow colors that seem to do NOTHING for you.  I always feel like it's a waste of money to buy the pink colors because they always turn up too pink on me or purple.  So I look like I have rubbed my eyes too much or just look silly with it on.  I was really impressed in how cute the colors were in the palette itself.  I thought:  Well if it doesn't work out, I can just return it.  I hate returning items but if you want to save your hard earned money, you gotta do it!  I picked it put bought it with the other two palettes I purchased.  I didn't use this one at first but when I used it, I was very unsure how pigmented it would be.  I found it difficult to tell how much color was on my brush when I was trying to use this.  I noticed that just a little bit of color can go a long way.

I always use a primer, I recently started to use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer:  Sin.  I like that it's got a good color to it and that it makes your shadow last so much longer with none to very little creasing.  I put this on top of my primer.  Instead of sweeping it over, I used my brush to pat it on.  I had to use two layers but it was well worth it.  I haven't use all the colors in the palette but what I've used so far I really do like!  This one is a keeper.



Product #2
Hard Candy Top Ten:  Smoke Out
Purchase:  www.walmart.com
Price:  $6.00 USD



I have been trying to stay away from the glittery colors but I found they seem to make your eyes look prettier.  Again with this palette I did have some difficultly seeing how much product was on the brush.  I am happy to say with this one, a little color is all you need.  I was trying to buy palettes with colors I don't have but these colors are very similar to the Kat Von D True Romance:  Poetica


I love purples and they look really nice on me but I have to mix it up right?  I probably own more purple eye shadows because I keep forgetting I own them and am drawn to these kind of palettes like a moth to the light!  Anyways I was impressed with the color pay off with this Hard Candy eye shadow palette too.  I'll keep this one as well.  I did the same as I did with pink colors, I used a patting motion instead of sweeping it on.  The color pay off is much better and less fall out.  I hope to be brave enough to try out the matte black color too.  I have enough sparkly blacks and so I need a matte black.


Product #3
Hard Candy Top Ten:  Naturally Gorgeous
Purchase:  www.walmart.com
Price:  $6.00 USD


I used this one first and thought it might be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette.  I was seriously mistaken.  Urband Decay's colors are much browner and neutral colors.  These colors look pretty in the packaging but when you use them, they're very gold toned.  I think the two left colors are the only ones I liked.  The rest were very gold based and not neutral enough for me.  I was really disappointed when I tried these colors out.  I think I'll save up to buy the Urban Decay Naked Palette, both of them!, for myself after Christmas.  I will be returning this item along with a $22.00 USD product I reviewed before, so this will help buy me other products I'll like! 

Conclusion:
Sometimes it's better to buy the expensive products because they have the quality and what you are looking for.  Finding a dupe is often difficult because they have a different chemical makeup however you can find one that has the right consistency and you can be happy with it.  In the future I will keep my receipts but I found having a store credit card isn't so bad.

Stay tuned for next weeks review!

M.J.

Comments

  1. product #2 YEESSSSS!!!! I use it everyday, and would recomend it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment