Eye Shadow Palettes Galore!

I am crazy about eye shadow palettes.  Today's post is mostly about eye shadow palette's I've collected over time.  I was given a large set with lip gloss and blushers but I felt the packaging was cheap.  It was in a large box and was very bulky.  I am sad I couldn't save the eye shadows but many of the colors I would have never used.  I barely used it and I felt bad throwing it away but it was several years old.  After that I wanted to rebuild my eye shadow collection.  I was determined to start it off with good quality make up.  Here's what I've collected so far.
Hello Kitty Mon Amour Set
Purchase:  www.sephora.com  They were selling it, I can't find it in stores or online
Price:  $17.00 USD at the time it was on clearance



Eye Shadow colors
  • Passion Fruit Macaroon (shimmery lavender purple) 
  • Jardin (matte turquoise blue)
  • Parisian Pink (matte rose pink)
  •  Fleur de Lys (iridescent deep purple)
  • Lemon Meringue (matte butter cream)
  • Croissant (golden vanilla)
  •  Pistachio (golden soft green)
  •  Eiffel Tower (golden grey) 
Blushes

  • Strawberry Macaroon (peachy pink) 
  • Raspberry Macaroon (hot pink)
I did mention about a month ago, Sephora Four Piece Haul, I loved the Hello Kitty Head of Class palette, which is now on sale for nearly half off.  I bought this online on sale.  It was really cute looking online and I thought the colors were pretty and soft.  The colors are more on the matte side and not too dark.  I used a few of the colors and they turned out pretty.  I love the blushers too.  I read some people complained the colors weren't pigmented enough for them.  I have to say you need to use a primer when you put on soft colored eye shadows.  In fact you should put on primer period when using eye shadows.  I liked the Hello Kitty Head of Class palette and this one too.  I'd say buy Hello Kitty products, they aren't bad and really cute to use!


Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Pallete:  Poetica
Purchase:  www.sephora.com
Price:  $36.00 USD




Colors from Left to Right
  • Forgiveness (pearlized butter-cream)
  • Sand Timer (pearlized sand)
  • Chandler (pearlized copper)
  • Tijuana (brown and black with gold sparkle)
  • Wonderland (burgundy with gold pearl)
  • Skiba (purple with gold pearl)
  • Babe (lavender)
  • You Alone (matte vanilla)
  • Mini waterproof Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner


Colors Used:
  • You Alone on brow bone and center of eye lid
  • Babe for all over lid
  • Skiba on crease
  • Wonderland for outer corners
I have never used Kat Von D products before.  I've been tempted to buy some but never had the courage to do so.  I think I'll start buying more once I run out on my current palettes.  I liked this one because the colors aren't something I currently own.  I usually don't wear such bold colors but I think it's good to wear something a little more colorful sometimes.  It's all in moderation and also how you pair it with other colors.  I was very impressed with the color pay out.  I was hesitant to use the colors for the first time when I was going out to meet with a friend.  I think the best way to go with new colors is to use a little bit and slowly and carefully pack it on your eye lid.  Once I got the color on, very lightly, I filled it in a little darker.  Then I layered the colors together.  The eye liner I didn't know much about but I'll try it out later.  I used another water proof liner I got from the Korean market.  I'll defiantely buy more Kat Von D products for sure!


Urban Decay Skull Shadow Box Set
Purchase:  Nordstom Rack
Price:  $16.00 USD
Colors from Top Left to Bottom Right
  • Cherry
  • Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
  • Grifter
  • Velvet
  • Oil Slick
  • Shattered
  • Blunt
  • Chopper
  • Twice Baked

I saw this when I was in my local Nordstrom Rack.  This Nordstroms is like an outlet version of the large department store.  I was looking at the shoes and didn't find anything I liked.  I went to look at the cosmetics and was surprised to see this here.  I hadn't seen it in Ulta or Sephora before but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.  I realized it was probably a palette that wasn't a big selling item so that's why it was here.  I had to choose this one or the other one.  I felt the colors in this one were "cuter" than the other palette.  Though three of these colors I already owned in the Ammo Palette, I felt the other colors were something I could always use.  I love Urban Decay products and I will always buy them!


Urban Decay Ammo Shadow Palette
Purcahse:  www.sephora.com
Price:  $38.00




Colors in order:

  • Smog
  • Mildew
  • Oil Slick
  • Last Call
  • Chopper
  • Maui Wowie
  • Shattered
  • Polyester Bride
  • Grifter
  • Sin

I've owned this palette for a few years, I can't remember how many now.  It's still being sold in Ulta and Sephora.  I hardly get to use the colors but they haven't gotten yucky yet.  I also try to keep them in boxes or nice bags so they don't become moldy. I also giggle at hte names of the eye shadows.  Maui Wowie?  How silly is that name?  I love the colors and I don't mind the sparkles, it adds something nice to the colors. 

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer:  Sin
Purchase:  www.sephora.com or www.ulta.com or www.amazon.com or your local store
Price:  $20.00



I own the color Eden which I use often.  It is sa matte flesh tone.  The original color is clear.  I felt this one was nice because it was on sale and also it was something I don't own.  I put it on and found it was really pretty just by itself.  I was surprised how it looked on me.  It looked almost like a eye shadow color.  It held the colors very well, I was only gone for about five or so hours.  In the photo above with the Kat Von D eye shadow palette, I used this product under the colors.  Eye shadows look so much more vibrant and pretty when you use any kind of primer!  I don't think it really matters what kind of primer you like to use, as long as it works for you and you can afford it! 

Tarte:  The Big Thrill Limited Edition Color Collection
Purchase:  www.ulta.com
Price:  $48.00 USD





Dear Ulta,
I just wanted to let you know how much I dislike when you send me a 20% off coupon and I can use it on the name brand items...  I feel that I have to use it and so I do.  Therefore I end up $41.00 USD broker than I was before.  I know it's a choice but come on...  With all the great sales, you can't do this to me!
Sincerely,
M.J.

I got an email with a 20% off coupon on name brand items inculded.  I was looking for antoher eye shadow palette but I wasn't sure which one.  I almost bought one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes but I own so many earthy toned eyeshadows I felt I needed to buy something different.  One of the sales reps helped me pick this gift box set out.  It's worth over $400.00 USD.  The lip glosses are full sized, there are three blushers and a bronzer and sixteen eye shadows.  Each layer is at least $40 or more dollars.  I don't own any brozners.  I actually don't care for the use and I don't like the extra color it gives off.  But these colors from Tarte are made with Amazonian clay.  The sales rep told me the colors stick to your skin much more.  I tried the blusher out today and we'll see by the end of today if it stayed on better than my combination of cream blusher and powder.  I'll also do a photo of the eye shadows later on.  I felt this was a very good buy and the colors were unique in that I don't own alot of the colors anymore.  As well being made of Amazonian clay?  Gotta try this out!!!  If I like how long these colors stay on, I'll buy more Tart products!


Conclusion:
So that's it for today's picks of the week.  I'll do more photos of me wearing the eye shadows and how I liked the palettes.

Have a fantastic week everyone and come back next Saturday!

Comments