Eye Shadow Palettes Galore!

I am crazy about eye shadow palettes.  Today's post is mostly about eye shadow palette's I've collected over time.  I was given a large set with lip gloss and blushers but I felt the packaging was cheap.  It was in a large box and was very bulky.  I am sad I couldn't save the eye shadows but many of the colors I would have never used.  I barely used it and I felt bad throwing it away but it was several years old.  After that I wanted to rebuild my eye shadow collection.  I was determined to start it off with good quality make up.  Here's what I've collected so far.
Hello Kitty Mon Amour Set
Purchase:  www.sephora.com  They were selling it, I can't find it in stores or online
Price:  $17.00 USD at the time it was on clearance



Eye Shadow colors
  • Passion Fruit Macaroon (shimmery lavender purple) 
  • Jardin (matte turquoise blue)
  • Parisian Pink (matte rose pink)
  •  Fleur de Lys (iridescent deep purple)
  • Lemon Meringue (matte butter cream)
  • Croissant (golden vanilla)
  •  Pistachio (golden soft green)
  •  Eiffel Tower (golden grey) 
Blushes

  • Strawberry Macaroon (peachy pink) 
  • Raspberry Macaroon (hot pink)
I did mention about a month ago, Sephora Four Piece Haul, I loved the Hello Kitty Head of Class palette, which is now on sale for nearly half off.  I bought this online on sale.  It was really cute looking online and I thought the colors were pretty and soft.  The colors are more on the matte side and not too dark.  I used a few of the colors and they turned out pretty.  I love the blushers too.  I read some people complained the colors weren't pigmented enough for them.  I have to say you need to use a primer when you put on soft colored eye shadows.  In fact you should put on primer period when using eye shadows.  I liked the Hello Kitty Head of Class palette and this one too.  I'd say buy Hello Kitty products, they aren't bad and really cute to use!


Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Pallete:  Poetica
Purchase:  www.sephora.com
Price:  $36.00 USD




Colors from Left to Right
  • Forgiveness (pearlized butter-cream)
  • Sand Timer (pearlized sand)
  • Chandler (pearlized copper)
  • Tijuana (brown and black with gold sparkle)
  • Wonderland (burgundy with gold pearl)
  • Skiba (purple with gold pearl)
  • Babe (lavender)
  • You Alone (matte vanilla)
  • Mini waterproof Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner


Colors Used:
  • You Alone on brow bone and center of eye lid
  • Babe for all over lid
  • Skiba on crease
  • Wonderland for outer corners
I have never used Kat Von D products before.  I've been tempted to buy some but never had the courage to do so.  I think I'll start buying more once I run out on my current palettes.  I liked this one because the colors aren't something I currently own.  I usually don't wear such bold colors but I think it's good to wear something a little more colorful sometimes.  It's all in moderation and also how you pair it with other colors.  I was very impressed with the color pay out.  I was hesitant to use the colors for the first time when I was going out to meet with a friend.  I think the best way to go with new colors is to use a little bit and slowly and carefully pack it on your eye lid.  Once I got the color on, very lightly, I filled it in a little darker.  Then I layered the colors together.  The eye liner I didn't know much about but I'll try it out later.  I used another water proof liner I got from the Korean market.  I'll defiantely buy more Kat Von D products for sure!


Urban Decay Skull Shadow Box Set
Purchase:  Nordstom Rack
Price:  $16.00 USD
Colors from Top Left to Bottom Right
  • Cherry
  • Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
  • Grifter
  • Velvet
  • Oil Slick
  • Shattered
  • Blunt
  • Chopper
  • Twice Baked

I saw this when I was in my local Nordstrom Rack.  This Nordstroms is like an outlet version of the large department store.  I was looking at the shoes and didn't find anything I liked.  I went to look at the cosmetics and was surprised to see this here.  I hadn't seen it in Ulta or Sephora before but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.  I realized it was probably a palette that wasn't a big selling item so that's why it was here.  I had to choose this one or the other one.  I felt the colors in this one were "cuter" than the other palette.  Though three of these colors I already owned in the Ammo Palette, I felt the other colors were something I could always use.  I love Urban Decay products and I will always buy them!


Urban Decay Ammo Shadow Palette
Purcahse:  www.sephora.com
Price:  $38.00




Colors in order:

  • Smog
  • Mildew
  • Oil Slick
  • Last Call
  • Chopper
  • Maui Wowie
  • Shattered
  • Polyester Bride
  • Grifter
  • Sin

I've owned this palette for a few years, I can't remember how many now.  It's still being sold in Ulta and Sephora.  I hardly get to use the colors but they haven't gotten yucky yet.  I also try to keep them in boxes or nice bags so they don't become moldy. I also giggle at hte names of the eye shadows.  Maui Wowie?  How silly is that name?  I love the colors and I don't mind the sparkles, it adds something nice to the colors. 

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer:  Sin
Purchase:  www.sephora.com or www.ulta.com or www.amazon.com or your local store
Price:  $20.00



I own the color Eden which I use often.  It is sa matte flesh tone.  The original color is clear.  I felt this one was nice because it was on sale and also it was something I don't own.  I put it on and found it was really pretty just by itself.  I was surprised how it looked on me.  It looked almost like a eye shadow color.  It held the colors very well, I was only gone for about five or so hours.  In the photo above with the Kat Von D eye shadow palette, I used this product under the colors.  Eye shadows look so much more vibrant and pretty when you use any kind of primer!  I don't think it really matters what kind of primer you like to use, as long as it works for you and you can afford it! 

Tarte:  The Big Thrill Limited Edition Color Collection
Purchase:  www.ulta.com
Price:  $48.00 USD





Dear Ulta,
I just wanted to let you know how much I dislike when you send me a 20% off coupon and I can use it on the name brand items...  I feel that I have to use it and so I do.  Therefore I end up $41.00 USD broker than I was before.  I know it's a choice but come on...  With all the great sales, you can't do this to me!
Sincerely,
M.J.

I got an email with a 20% off coupon on name brand items inculded.  I was looking for antoher eye shadow palette but I wasn't sure which one.  I almost bought one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes but I own so many earthy toned eyeshadows I felt I needed to buy something different.  One of the sales reps helped me pick this gift box set out.  It's worth over $400.00 USD.  The lip glosses are full sized, there are three blushers and a bronzer and sixteen eye shadows.  Each layer is at least $40 or more dollars.  I don't own any brozners.  I actually don't care for the use and I don't like the extra color it gives off.  But these colors from Tarte are made with Amazonian clay.  The sales rep told me the colors stick to your skin much more.  I tried the blusher out today and we'll see by the end of today if it stayed on better than my combination of cream blusher and powder.  I'll also do a photo of the eye shadows later on.  I felt this was a very good buy and the colors were unique in that I don't own alot of the colors anymore.  As well being made of Amazonian clay?  Gotta try this out!!!  If I like how long these colors stay on, I'll buy more Tart products!


Conclusion:
So that's it for today's picks of the week.  I'll do more photos of me wearing the eye shadows and how I liked the palettes.

Have a fantastic week everyone and come back next Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Blender vs. Real Technique's Beauty Sponge

Hard Candy Eye Shadow Top Ten Palette Review

Magic Straight Perm