Volum' Express: The Rocket Water Proof Mascara VS. The Falsies: Volume Express

I finally purchased Volum' Express:  The Rocket Water Proof mascara.  I think the best way to see which mascara is maybe better for you is by doing a side by side review between this and the Falsies Mascara

#1
Volum' Express:  The Rocket Water Proof Mascara
Price:  $5.94 USD 
Purchase:  www.walmart.com or your local drug store



I had just purchased this recently because I heard it was suppose to be fantastic!  I used the last few dollars I had on a gift card to Wal-Mart to buy this.  I was impressed with the wand, it was nice and looked big!  When I put the wand into the mascara tube, I was a little disappointed in how it looked like the other wands from the same line of mascara.  

I tried it anyways.  I didn't curly lashes but it really did make the longer and look nice.  This mascara extended them and made them look like they were curled!  BONUS!!!  I did have to brush them because any mascara makes my lashes look clumpy.  It stayed on and barely smudged on me.  

I tested this out by rubbing my eyes.  When I rubbed my eyes, my lashes got smashed together and I had to brush them again.  I went to bed with this on, one eye only, and woke up the next morning and found it barely smudged under my eye.  Fantastic!  I did have to use some makeup remover on my lashes but it didn't flake, smudge too bad and came off easily with makeup remover.

I'd recommend this mascara for sure!

#2
Volum Express:  The Falsies
Price:  $4.97  USD
Purchase:  www.walmart.com or your local drug store


I used this for sometime before I bought the previous mascara.  I was interested in finding a good mascara that was water proof.  I bought the water proof version of this and was a little disappointed.  

It smudged A LOT for water proof and was a bit clumpy.  I also felt there was too much product in the wand.  I had to scrape it back into the tube, which also left a mess for me.  *fail...*  I did like how it made my lashes look!  It smudged under my eye after a few hours.  When I rubbed my eyes it didn't mash them together as badly as the Rocket.  This one was a bit of a challenge to wash off.  It was stubborn and I had to be very patient with it.  I would recommend this one too if you don't have oily skin and also the patience to wash it off!

Winner:
The Rocket.  Despite that it is a little gummy on my lashes, I prefer not to look like a raccoon at the end of the day.  

I heard about the Clinique mascara that is for bottom lashes.  The wand is very small and it's not suppose to smudge.  I'll look into that but not for awhile.

Have a fantastic week and come back next Saturday!

M.J.

Comments